Yoga Nidra is a Deep Relaxation / Visualization / Guided Meditation practice. It’s an amazing healing tool for your physical body, your emotions and your mind. It was developed by Swami Satyananda Saraswati from the Bihar School of Yoga. Practitioners are in a state between wakefulness and dreaming – still aware and conscious. Yoga Nidra includes awareness of the body and breath, guided visualizations and self-reflection. It enables you to access your subconscious mind and set an intention. It belongs to the 5th Limb of Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga: Withdrawal of the senses.
Yoga Nidra is practiced lying on your back in Savasana. The first 15 minutes are warm-up poses and easy stretches, followed by 40 min of Yoga Nidra and 5 min for yourself – to slowly come back. You can enjoy beautiful candle-light atmosphere, leave the world behind, let go and surrender.
Yoga Nidra induces deep relaxation and stress-relief. It allows the students to withdraw, leave the world behind, access their inner wisdom, change or release old thought patterns, beliefs, emotions or behaviour. It will enable you to set a new intention and to transform your life.
- Rejuvenates your Body and releases Stress
- Releases Muscle Tension, Aches and Pain
- Regulates Cholesterol Levels, Blood Pressure, Hormone Balances
- Lowers your Heart Rate
- Improves Sleep
- Deeply Restorative
- Increases Relaxation Response
- Releases Emotional Stress
- Releases suppressed Emotions or Desires
- Reduces stress-related Symptoms like Anxiety and Fear
- Allows you to release Limiting Behaviour
- Katharsis-like Healing (through experiencing Opposite Sensations)
- Calms and rejuvenates your Mind
- Improves Memory, Concentration and Learning-Ability
- Connects/balances your 2 Brain Hemispheres
- Allows you to access your Subconscious Mind
- Allows you to release Limiting Beliefs / Thought Patterns
- Transforms your Life through setting a new Intention
- Yoga Mat and Blanket (we have some spare ones at the studio – first come, first served)
- Sweater and socks to feel absolutely comfortable while lying on your mat
- If you need: small/thin cushion or bolster for your hips or feet (no pillow used for the head)